Wednesday, March 16, 2011

At last...

We have arrived safe and sound in Belize! I think today was one of the best travel days I have had in a long time, despite the early flight. I got up this morning at 4am and took a flight from RDU to Miami, in first class! My mom and step-dad gave me my flights for graduation, and first class was all that was available. :) I’m not complaining. I also didn’t get chosen for a security checkpoint a single time today, which with my record is a miracle. Then I had a three hour layover in Miami until I left for Belize City, another first class flight. I had forgotten that I had been to the small Belize City airport before, but I quickly recognized the Caribbean palm trees, old airplanes and single runway. As soon as I stepped off the plane I felt the refreshing warmth of the 82 degree air, which quickly started making me sweat. From the time that I landed in Belize City to the time I landed in San Pedro, Belize it was less than thirty minutes! I enjoyed it when I went through customs and the gate agent asked why I was in the country, I got to say that I was student teaching in Belize J Once I got my bags and went through security I bought a ticket on a flight with Tropic Air. The little island hopper was fun, because I got to see the reef along the way, including some manatees. We also went through some clouds on the flight and it made me think of my Earth Science class in the states, because of the condensation that formed on the windows. Once I arrived, I carried all of my bags up the three flights of stairs at Pedro’s Inn and started unpacking! It is nice to be able to say, after so much preparation, that I am FINALLY here!

 The Belize City Airport

Mine and Michelle's Room 
My bed is the one on the right and there is a bathroom next to it as 
well as a window and sink on the other side.

Until next time, 

AAA

No comments:

Post a Comment